Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ahh...Finally, Day 9 has arrived.

Day 5 of the actual cleanse.

I get to eat food today! I’m supposed to ‘ease’ back into eating foods & keep it simple so my body can begin digesting & processing things w/o too much trouble/confusion. Last night about 11pm I was looking through my cabinets wondering what I was going to eat in the morning for breakfast. I was supposed to eat one organic apple, chewed slowly & thoroughly. Upon waking up I wasn’t all that hungry. But the thought of eating food again and actually chewing was too tempting. I ended up having a few pretzels with hummus. Oh my gosh have I ever tasted such glorious food in my life. I have been extremely disciplined this entire cleanse & decided to take it upon myself to walk down to the bagel shop & order myself a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter & jelly. No, it’s not healthy in the slightest & is exactly the opposite of what I am supposed to be eating. But let me tell you, I don’t care if my stomach curdles up in pain for the next day while trying to process the bagel, it was all worth it.

Did I learn anything while on this cleanse? Sure. I learned a shit-load. (pun intended). During the pre-cleanse I thought it was insanely difficult to find non-processed foods, etc but that was because I wasn’t looking in the right places. I was looking where I normally eat. But upon looking ‘outside the box’ I realized it is not difficult at all, it just takes loads of determination to stick with it. As the healthy eating routine becomes regular, it wouldn’t require a lot of determination but in the beginning I can guarantee it’d be tough. I guess me eating a PB&J Bagel this morning did not get me off to a great start. Tough cookies. I am committed to becoming more aware of the foods that I eat and the effects they have on my body. My starchy bagel I ate is making me slightly sleepy. Mmm….interesting. We’ll see if I have my mid-afternoon slump that I normally had before the cleanse. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment