Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Is there a Dream-Reader in the House??

I had a weird dream last night.

I was dating *, my friend who lives in *. We were perfect together. We went camping with a bunch of friends and I became extremely exhausted so I went back to the house to get some rest. I couldn’t get *’s attention so I wrote him a note giving him all of the details of why & left & where I was heading. I get back to the house where at least a dozen people are staying & I picked a room to lie down in. I must’ve fallen asleep as the next thing I recall is being woken up in a rush. All around me chaos ensued, but I didn’t understand why. Then a few of my friends told me that when they left the communal hang-out area which I left earlier, no one remembered where I went or bothered to look at the note I left telling them my whereabouts. They then began to tell me that * had brought back our dog with them but had taken off to go search for me. In a frantic rush I left the house trying to go find *. Scouring the mountainside I see him walking along this narrow ridge. I try calling out his name but he is so far away & can't hear me. Suddenly he slips and begins to fall, but catches himself on a lower ledge. My heart was beating so fast & I couldn’t do anything to help him. As he was hanging there the ledge gave way & he began to fall deeper & deeper into the ravine. At the very last moment he managed to grab a hold of some plant life that began tearing from the rock as well. Such agony was surging through my body as he was hanging on to his life I couldn’t bare it. The screams that exuded from my body were so sad and painful. I can’t recall how he was saved but I remember running up to him with tears in my eyes kissing & hugging him. To think * would have been out of my life forever saddened me to no end. My dream them skipped to another scene but still in the mountains. I was with my mother. We were walking towards this restaurant for lunch and it was right along another ravine. As we got closer I looked to my right & saw a ginormous bridge going across the ravine. There was no way I was going to walk on that or even get near that bridge. My heart began to race and I started having shortness of breath. I don’t like heights I kept on telling my mom. But we continued walking towards the restaurant. The dirt road began to get smaller and narrower, which only added to the level of my anxiety. The mountain began to curve & upon coming around the bend the road was now small. Very small. The road now did not have anything to the right, just a sheer drop-off into an deadly abyss. I couldn’t walk slowly enough or carefully enough. I thought one wrong step & I would slip & fall to my doom. We finally arrived at our lunch destination which was a small tent-like thing on the actual road. When we sat down & began to eat I finally started relaxing. My heart beat lessened, the sweat quickly dried from my brow, I began to enjoy myself and the company of those around me. All good things come to an end right? The whole tent began to tilt this way and that, but very slowly at first so no one was believing me when I began to freak out. I became the crazy woman petrified of falling off the cliff into the ravine. It got so bad that I managed to get out & start running away from the tent. I didn’t look back. And then my mom was at the top of the mountain when I got there. She was leaving to the airport, flying somewhere. I kept trying to have a conversation with her but for some reason I couldn’t speak. No words were coming out. I wanted to tell her how frightened I was & that all I wanted was some reassurance. She left. And I was left there standing, alone.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment