Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 8: The Home Stretch!!!

Day 5 of the actual ‘cleanse’:

I’m somewhat speechless as to how I have felt over the last few days. Friday was Day 2 of the cleanse where I was on a liquids-only fast and I felt great. I was a bit nervous for the weekend as I had to work at my restaurant job for Days 3 & 4 serving burgers and fries & didn’t know if I would be tempted to eat any of them while I was there. Quite the contrary actually. Although the food I was serving ‘looked good’ I didn’t feel the slightest inkling to consume any of it.

The energy. Did I talk about the amount of energy I had over the weekend? Not to say I actually capitalized on this energy but I did continually keep busy and never once had a ‘tired moment’. A few times I was almost too giddy & began to wonder…what exactly is IN this herbal cleanse.

I had a case of ‘acne’ that sprouted but I’m not sure if this was due to the cleanse or just random hormones fluttering about my body. I did notice the whites of my eyes are SUPER bright. Maybe it is because all of the ‘toxins’ are leaving my body??

Now it is Monday, the final day of the liquids-only fast & I can’t even begin to tell you how badly I want something to eat. Not because I feel hungry because it’s quite the opposite. I feel full. Too full. I am just really sick of drinking the TA’s as the flavor is becoming unbearable. I have only 2 more to go. Sounds like nothing but they are starting to make me gag & that’s not good. Maybe I’m just too excited about eating real food again that any other flavors that DO NOT resemble actual food are sickening to me. Am I venting? I heard a bitch side might come out while on the cleanse, I guess this is it.

Tomorrow morning I am supposed to ‘ease’ back into eating solid foods. I know that I should follow the instructions & eat my one organic apple, chewed thoroughly but I really want is to dive into a big pile of flapjacks and hashbrowns at IHOP. My stomach will probably combust if I tried to eat all of that food but that’s what I’m craving right now. I’m totally bitching right now but in all honesty, I have surprisingly enjoyed this whole experience. (I know it’s not over yet, I still have to get through tonight) but I would totally recommend this herbal cleanse to anyone.

Tomorrow is the final day & it can’t come too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment