Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 5: Movin right along....Sort of.

Day 2 of the actual ‘cleanse’:

If today wasn’t a test of will-power (or mental power for that matter), I don’t know what is. Let me just say this…I have come to the realization that I’m a ‘bored-eater’. I eat when I’m bored. I don’t consider myself easily bored so perhaps that’s not the correct terminology. I guess the word to better describe my eating style would be ‘subconscious-eater’. I eat when I’m focusing on other things therefore my food intake is not as healthy as possible.

Today was decent. I never felt hungry but during certain times of the day when I normally would snack, I would be convincing myself that I was hungry. I had to take a moment & think to myself…Was I really? The answer was always a surprising ‘No’. Interesting right?

Grabbed some Organic carrots, celery, onion & potato to make my own home-made vegetable stock….it’ll be my ‘liquid dinner’. Ha, this really is hilarious that I’m doing a cleanse & can’t eat for 5 days. Almost finished with Day #2 and feeling really awesome. Energetic, giddy almost. One thing I have noticed is I’m a bit more “scatter-brained” than normal. Not sure if this is due to the lack of actual food or what but I can’t seem to focus on anything.

I have a headache. A little one. I’ve been drinking Peppermint Tea a lot today, which is a permitted beverage & I have to tell you, I like tea! I’m a huge fan. I was OVERWHELMED when I was in Whole Foods & walked down the isle of tea’s. The plethora of tea’s available was astounding. I don’t even think there are that many choices of dried cereal! Fruity, minty, herbal, breakfast, green, energizing, relaxing, the list goes on. Ooohh…and guess who I saw at the market? Simon Pegg. The actor from Shawn of the Dead & Hot Fuzz amongst other things. His shopping cart was filled to the brim, actually above the brim. One more apple & the whole thing would’ve come toppling down.

Well the day isn’t over yet, still have plenty o’ hours to sit & think about not eating. Chances are Day’s 3 & 4 of the Cleanse will be rehashed on Monday when I have access to a computer. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment