Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 4....

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain. The rain in Spain, falls on the Plain.

Day 1 of the actual “cleanse”….

Today started out just like any other day. I sat in my bed pressing snooze on my alarm clock for far too long only to realize that once again, I would be late to work. Hopped out of bed, brushed my hair, my teeth, threw on some respectable work-clothes & out the door. But, one more important detail I forgot to mention (purposefully). I had my first SBM of the day. And it wasn’t even 8am yet! Wow, how can I be so excited over a turd?!?

Whoever reads this, please apologize for my crass language and topic of discussion.

Step 2 of the Herbal Cleanse is a 5-day Liquid-Fast. Meaning you take a Toxin Absorber (TA) 5 times a day for 5 days. The TA is mixed w/organic apple juice (supposedly to make the taste a bit more palpable but also for the natural healing qualities for the body that are contained in apple juice). It’s really not that bad. A bit gritty like sand but it’s drinkable. The TA is drunk every 3 hours & if in between those 3 hours you can drink as much apple juice as your little heart desires. You are also permitted to drink teas (herbal only).

Usually around 9:30-10:00 I get a huge breakfast craving. Normally for breakfast I’ll have some yogurt and an orange or an apple. Simple. But some of the time I like to “splurge” and get myself a bagel. We all know that bagels aren’t great for you. Everything in moderation. But I was addicted to the morning carbs! I snarfed em right up! Only until hours after I ate my bagel I would be so sleepy & sedentary it was sad.

Not to say that the rest of the cleanse will be this easy but so far, today has been a breeze. I have two more TA’s to drink before bedtime & surprisingly I don’t feel the least bit hungry. Sure when I was walking around on my lunch break & walked by a Café the food smelled divine but really there have been no hunger pangs that are unbearable.

I feel energized too! Every day, literally EVERY day, I get an insane urge to sleep/close my eyes/rest. This urge happens around 3:30-4:00. Today I didn’t have that urge. I still have the urge to daydream but I don’t think that’s going to stop without some serious meds. ;0)

Let’s hope I feel this motivated & good the rest of the evening & into the rest of the cleanse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment